Wednesday, July 17, 2013

So, I am off to Turkey in the evening. I have no real idea if I can even write a blog as I question how much access I will have to the internet. In Western Turkey, which is the first part of my trip I should be able to find a cafĂ©. I am pretty sure of it. Maybe not so much in Eastern Turkey where I have to carry my own toilet paper. However, this could be presumptuous on my part as the squatting toilets may have WIFI for all I know. Just going by what I have read and most descriptions describe Eastern Turkey as “rural” and “basic” – which many people use to describe Loretto. So I guess what I am saying is we will have to wait and see – I am going to try ! Don’t panic if I don’t post. Let’s assume it means I can’t access the internet as opposed to the other scenario’s my family members have dreamt up  Also – I have unlimited incoming text messages. Only 200 outgoing. So I can’t promise you will get one of those. But would love a text if you feel like firing one off ! The above map is my route. I start in Istanbul and move clockwise until I return to Istanbul. Then I head off onto the circle on the right. Clockwise again.

No comments:

Post a Comment