Wednesday, July 31, 2013

My Pilgramage


I took a cab to the house that The Virgin Mary lived in with the apostle John just outside of Ephesis.  It's where they think she lived out the rest of her life.  The house was not part of our tour so I had to make my way there myself.  Some people in my tour group thought I was crazy spending 60 lira on this little trip.  60 lira is about the cost of a case of beer in Canada. So my thought process  was that if I met the Virgin Mary and she wanted a case of beer I would gladly buy it for her as a gift.  So why wouldn't I spend that money to go to her house?
It was one of the most peaceful places It was a beautiful overgrown garden.  The chapel was built in the third century over the foundations of the house.  There were natural springs there for water.
And I lit  a candle. 

Sent from Samsung Mobile

No comments:

Post a Comment