Thursday, July 18, 2013

I haven't Even Left The Airport

One of the restaurants attracts patrons not by its uber chique decore (although it has that) but rather by the novelty that every patron has an iPad mounted in front of them for use. No longer do you have to socialize with your travel companions, which works out for me because I have none. However, the restaurant went one step further.If you want to order food or drinks its done through the iPad rather than waitstaff. The end result is that every employee is now tech.help and there are irate patrons lined up to waiters so the waiters can help them punch in the order. Which appears to be driving more than a few people nuts as they just want to tell their waiter their order rather than have him help them punch it in. One elderly man just keeps saying "why do I have to punch it if i just told you"And in my day the waitresses punched it into their own tills". There are glitches in the order program. Right now you can order 3 glasses of wine or none. Those are your iPad option. Technology -making everyone's life easier.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ann,
    Just started following your adventures. . . very entertaining you are making me laugh out loud.
    I played Happy Birthday for my Dad last night on the ukelele while we are on the topic of entainment! Keep having fun xo

    ReplyDelete