Thursday, August 8, 2013

I Need to Clarify

 I have received a couple of emails since i wrote  about the geriatric bus. I would like to clarify.  Old has nothing to do with age. It does not matter what year you were born.  I have aunts and uncles in their 80's and 90's (that's a shout out to the two Haleys that own computers) and good luck keeping up with them.  They are still fun.  Old happens when you turn  crotchety and grumpy and nothing ever suits you and you complain about everything even when things are wonderful. Compression socks and the fact that you need assistance to get in and out of the van doesn't help with the image.

Exhibit A:
At breakfast this morning I commented on what a beautiful day it was. The sun was shining,  the sky was blue.   I was happy to be in Turkey.  Collectively as a group they began to inform me that it won't be such a nice day when I develop skin cancer from this trip.  And I am destined  to develop skin cancer according to them.  So enjoy it now because I had a very bleak future ahead of me. 

Exhibit B:
I commented that the hotel we were staying in was quite nice. I was bombarded with reasons as to why it was not up to snuff. Poor air flow was one of the reasons.  Two of them had washed their compression socks overnight and they weren't dry yet.   One guy had misplaced his teeth.  This was the hotels fault.

Many of their complaints were clearly outlined on the front page of our tour info. prior to signing up. Here is a list of as few so far:
-we walk too much (yes,we signed up for a walking  tour)
-the guide talks about history all the time (correction, we signed up for a walking history tour)
-all the cities are on hills and cliffs which makes it hard to walk ( it also made them hard to attack, which is why they are still standing)
-my knees ache from the walking     ( you must be of a reasonable fitness level to participate in this tour as you will be hiking /walking all day)
-all the toilets are squat toilets. I can't squat with my knees ( you must be of reasonable fitness level to participate in this tour.  That would include squatting)
-people don't speak English (we are in Turkey)
-people don't answer me when i talk
(people don't speak English)
-it's  hot (you are in Turkey)
-all we eat is Turkish food. How do I get something normal ( you are in turkey,  this food is normal)
-when do we see the pyramids (that is a different country)


Sent from Samsung Mobile

1 comment:

  1. Oh. I didn't think that meant you are old. I grew up thinking that meant you were from Napanee. Is everyone on your trip from Napanee?

    ReplyDelete